Whether your garage is a shop, a place for your prized car, or a man cave, it still needs the basic essentials. Keep reading to learn the nine things every garage needs.
What Items Are Needed In A Garage?
Whether you use your garage as a workshop, a home gym, or another storage space, it needs several different things. Depending on what you use your garage for, what it needs may differ, but every garage needs storage options, ventilation, and functionality, among other things.
What Items Should Not Be Stored In A Garage?
While garages are used for multiple purposes, that doesn’t mean you should store any random thing in them. If they’re not insulated, garages can be exposed to extreme weather conditions depending on the climate where you live. Those harsh conditions can damage certain things you store in your garage, so you shouldn’t keep them there.
Here are some items that should not be stored in a garage:
- Wood (furniture, firewood, etc.)
- Clothing or bedding
- Propane Tanks
- DVDs, CDs, or Vinyl Records
- Paper (documents, paper products, photographs, etc.)
9 Things Every Garage Needs
Having ample storage in your garage is key, especially if you tend to keep many items there. Some of your best options for storage are:
- Hooks: They’re perfect for hanging tools and other items.
- Bike racks are a good option for people with multiple bicycles. You can get a bike rack to mount on your garage’s ceiling or walls.
- Tool organizer: Using your garage as a workshop? Purchasing a wall-mounted tool organizer is a great storage solution for your tools that is functional and saves space.
- Shelving: There are several types of advanced shelving options for garage storage. Choose the option that best fits your needs.
All sorts of extreme weather conditions impact garages. Protecting your garage from such events is essential to controlling temperatures inside of it.
- Insulation: Insulating your garage is key to regulating temperatures inside. You don’t have to insulate every wall, either. Insulating your garage door will make a significant change in its internal temperature.
- Ventilation: Adding ventilation in your garage will regulate airflow and improve the air quality in your garage all year long.
- A Dual Garage Fan and Attic Cooler: The best way to regulate temperatures in your garage and control the climate is by using a dual garage fan and attic cooler.
Your garage needs certain things to make it functional. Here are the basics to convert your garage into a more functional space:
- Good lighting: Whether you use your garage for car storage or an extra living space, good lighting is essential.
- Treated floors: You can apply a stain-resistant treatment to your garage floors to protect them from oil spills, cracks, and other stains.
Shop Your Garage Needs
Are you looking to step up your garage’s game? From ventilation systems and garage door insulation kits to our top-rated GF-14 Garage Fan and Attic Cooler, Cool My Garage has everything your garage needs. Check out our shop to learn more.