Every garage needs a refresh once in a while. A lot of people even decide to remake their garages into a workspace or some other extra living area. If your garage is ready for a makeover, but you’re worried about the price tag, we’ve got you. Doing work on your garage can be cheap and effective; and with our garage makeover ideas on a budget, you’ll be filled with inspiration in no time.
Is it Worth it to Remodel A Garage?
Remodeling your garage can add significant value to your home, especially if your current garage is completely unfinished. But really, it comes down to personal value. Your garage makeover is, after all, for you. So you should be the one getting the most value out of it.
If you’re wondering what kind of monetary value a remodel might add, it depends on where you live and what the garages in your neighborhood are like. Generally, finishing a garage won’t add a specific number to your resale value if all the other homes in your neighborhood are the same. Even so, having a remodeled garage could be the thing that swings homebuyers from buying another house to buying yours.
How Do You Do A Garage Makeover?
Knowing the steps to take when making over your garage isn’t always straightforward. The first thing is to decide what you want to do with your garage and come up with a budget that you can comfortably stick with. Next, you need to decide if you’re able to do the makeover yourself. A DIY job will be much cheaper than hiring someone to do it for you. Luckily, most of our garage makeover ideas are budget-friendly enough that you shouldn’t worry about having to hire a professional.
Garage Makeover Ideas
Here are some easy garage makeover ideas that will maximize your budget:
- Go Big On Storage: Garages are notorious for being filled with clutter. A budget-friendly makeover idea could be as simple as adding more storage to your garage. Don’t think you’ve got space? There are a ton of creative ways to add storage to your garage. You could add a foldable workbench to the wall, put in some cabinets, get creative with wall and ceiling storage, and even put up a magnetic panel to hold all your tools.
- Outlets: Adding outlets to your garage is a simple fix that makes it a much more functional space.
- Insulate Your Garage Door: If you’re planning to use your garage for more than just parking your car, you may consider insulating your garage door. This will help to maintain a regular temperature in your garage. Luckily, there are DIY garage door insulation kits that make installing extremely easy.
- Paint: A fresh coat of paint can do wonders to liven up a space. Makeover your garage by painting the garage door or the interior walls. It’s a cheap fix that will make the space feel brand new.
- Epoxy Floor Coating: You can purchase epoxy floor coating at your local hardware store and apply it yourself at home. It’s extremely similar to rolling paint onto a wall and provides a durable and attractive coating for your garage floor.
Shop Cool My Garage
Once you finish your garage makeover, the next thing you should look into is keeping it cool and maintaining airflow through the use of vents and fans. At Cool My Garage, we offer highly rated garage cooling fans, as well as garage insulation kits and ventilation systems. Check out our online shop today to find out more and make the most out of your garage.