It’s Spring and so our minds naturally turn to spring cleaning and a general freshening of our homes. It turns out, almost all of us have some kind of embarrassing mess in our garage. We know how to spring clean our homes, but what about the garage? Get your garage ready for work and recreation with our garage spring cleaning tips. Soon, you will enjoy the organization and functionality of a cool and organized garage.
Inexpensive Organization Tips
- Wire Shelving In the Garage. Wall-mounted shelves are an easy solution for garage storage and getting organized. By maximizing your garage storage space with simple and inexpensive shelves, baskets, and hooks, your garage will invite you to work in it.
- Stack Bins Vertically To Save Floor Space. Plastic storage bins are one of the best garage storage systems to separate and organize your equipment by sport or season. But rather than stacking them against a wall somewhere, a permanent DIY garage solution is the easy-to-build storage towers that are an attractive and clever way to provide easy access to your bins. Consider different color bins for each category to make finding what you need a breeze and utilize the sides of the wooden frame for wall-mounted accessory items.
- Car Care Products Cabinet. Organize your auto accessories, cleaning supplies, fluids, and other items in an inexpensive, metal cabinet with shelves. All your car needs will be in one easy-to-access location.
- Garage Corner Shelves. Who couldn’t use a few more shelves in the garage? You probably already have shelves in the obvious spots, but what about in the corners? Clever, right? A corner shelf unit takes advantage of existing studs. It’s fast, easy and cheap. Use scrap plywood to make shelves that fit snugly between the corner studs and support them with 1×1 cleats.
- Garage Storage Tubes. Wide, large barrels or tubes, like cardboard concrete-forming tubes, are inexpensive and useful. Rest them on a piece of 2×4 to keep them high and dry and secure each tube to a garage stud with a plumbing strap. Think of it as a giant umbrella bucket, but used to store baseball bats, long-handled tools, and rolls of just about anything.
- Labels, Labels, Labels. It’s a simple trick and one that’s worth the time. Why rummage through countless boxes in search of that one elusive item. To get the most out of your garage organization, label your boxes, bins, cupboards, drawers, and even shelves. Investing in a label maker can be a massive help with this. Much better than handwritten scribbles that will smudge eventually.
- Pegboards are the Ultimate Answer. The tried and true pegboard has many storage uses. These boards, drilled with holes in a uniform pattern, can hold any number of hooks to which you can attach practically anything.
Keep Your Garage Organized And Cool
Once it’s clean and organized, you’ll no doubt spend happy and productive times in your garage. The next important step is to keep the temperature cool in there so you can work through all the seasons. Let’s take a look at how to keep the air flowing with our products at www.coolmygarage.com. Fans, attic vents, air intake vents, and attic coolers are just some of the solutions to keep it cool and well ventilated. Be that cool cat with an organized and well-ventilated garage and workspace.