People use garages for many things besides parking a car. Many use them as a workspace, gym, office, or extra living space. During October, many homeowners also choose to turn their garages into haunted houses. If you’re interested in learning how you can turn your garage into a haunted house this Halloween, keep reading.
What Is The Scariest Haunted House For Halloween?
If you want to spookify your garage this Halloween, turning it into a haunted house is a great idea. If you’re looking for some inspiration on what you can do to make your haunted house truly terrifying, here are some ideas from the scariest haunted houses around:
- Fake spider webs
- ‘Keep Out’ signs
- Creepy music
- Fake critters
- Creepy clowns
- Spooky lighting
- Dead flowers
- Skeletons and ghosts
- Fake blood
What Is The Number 1 Haunted House In America?
There are many haunted houses across the United States, but the number 1 haunted house in America is the Headless Horseman in Ulster Park, New York. Just a few hours north of New York City, the Headless Horseman Hayrides and Haunted Houses are set in an 18th-century home. It’s been named #the number 1 haunted house in America for two consecutive years by HauntWorld Magazine.
How To Make Your Garage Scary For Halloween
Interested in turning your garage into a haunted house for your Halloween party? Here’s how you can make your garage scary:
- Blackout. Sunlight isn’t spooky! Keep the light out of your haunted garage by blacking out the windows using blinds or black paint that you can wash off.
- Clean your garage. You don’t want your guests to be terrified by how messy your garage is. Clean your garage to make room for more people…and more scary objects!
- Don’t forget the exterior. The inside of your garage is where your haunted house will come alive, but don’t forget to make the outside scary too! Use spooky lights to cast shadows on the walls, vines, mummies, and more to make your haunted house really convincing.
- Go vintage. You don’t need to buy your Halloween decorations new from the store. Embrace vintage materials instead. They’ll be more realistic and stand out among the rest. You can check out a local thrift store to find tons of scary decorations for your garage.
- Live monsters. Haunted houses are no fun without some monsters running around scaring people. Enlist your family and friends to dress up as scary monsters that spook people as they move through your haunted house.
How Do You Cover Garage Walls For A Party?
If you’re looking for a temporary way to cover up garage walls for a party, the most popular option is draping your garage. Hanging curtains from the ceiling is a fast fix that can double to hide clutter. For your haunted house, using black curtains will enhance the scary effect you’re going for.
Shop Spooky Garage Accessories
The most important piece to a successful haunted garage is regulated temperature. The last thing you want is for your guests to be distracted by poor air circulation, extreme heat or cold, or the smell of fumes.
Proper ventilation will make your garage haunted house a success. At Cool My Garage, we have several top-of-the-line options to help you regulate your garage temperature, including vents, garage fans, DIY garage door insulation kits, and the top-rated GF-14 Garage Fan & Attic Cooler. Check out our shop today and get everything you need to ensure a spooky garage for Halloween.